It is almost time for the prestigious 2018 The Cape Wine Auction – an elite gathering regarded as one of the most extraordinary wine events internationally. De Toren Private Cellar has joined forces with the award-winning Tintswalo Hotel Group to offer an absolutely magnificent lot in aid of raising funds for an exceptionally good cause.
The days of 9 – 10 February will mark the elite gathering of wine aficionados, leading businessmen, distinguished entrepreneurs and celebrities from around the globe to raise funds for a good cause whilst enjoying the gastronomic feast and fine wine selection from South Africa’s top culinary experts and leading wine producers.
Guests will have the opportunity to bid on any of the spectacular lots, including the phenomenal lot on offering by De Toren and Tintswalo. The mandate of The Cape Wine Auction Trust is to raise money for education in the South African winelands, by supporting just under 20 different beneficiaries, each doing their part to help this cause. De Toren is proud to have helped in making this mandate a reality since the inception of The Cape Wine Auction and again last year, by raising a staggering R800 000 with our 2017 lot, in partnership with The World Residence at Sea. Read more here on our lot at The 2017 Cape Wine Auction.
We are thrilled to announce The 2018 Cape Wine Auction lot by De Toren & Tintswalo
De Toren Private Cellar, the renowned craftsman behind South Africa’s most luxurious wines and Wine Enthusiast Nominee for New World Winery of the Year, in an exclusive partnership with the award-winning 5-Star Boutique Hotel Group, Tintswalo, is offering a lot of ultimate luxury. An opulent experience paired with a rare selection of world-class wines, nowhere else in the world available. The absolute best of both worlds in both wine and leisure for a guest and a partner to enjoy.A Summary of the Lavish Lot:
- A hand numbered 1.5L magnum of the ultra-rare 2013 vintage of Book XVII & The Black Lion
- One of only 3 ever & also the last remaining 5L De Toren Fusion V 2000 Director’s Reserve
- The magnificent 9L De Toren Fusion V 2007 & one of merely 10 ever produced
- The only 3L De Toren Z 2004 ever produced & never ever released
- During the stay at Tintswalo, guests are invited to an Exclusive Vintage Tasting of the estate’s prestigious wines, hosted by the Proprietor of De Toren Private Cellar, Emil den Dulk
- Two incredible nights at Tintswalo Atlantic, accommodating 2 guests sharing and inclusive of airport transfers. Guests will also be spoiled with daily breakfast, selected drinks, two 3-course luncheons, a divine seafood dinner and a spectacular 8-course tasting menu experience.
- Three spectacular nights at Tintswalo Safari Lodge, accommodating 2 guests sharing. Guests will be treated to drinks, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, two game drives and a neck and shoulder massage during their stay.